Ramblers Cymru Logo Image of Countryside
Swansea Ramblers Logo
at the heart of walking


Reporting problems with footpaths

Sometimes when you walk a path you come across a problem.   It might be a fallen tree, undergrowth has grown across the path or suddenly a barbed wire fence has appeared across the right of way.   When we come across a problem we report it to the council and follow it up with them to ensure they have been able to deal with it.  

In the county of Swansea, you can find the relevant path number to add to your report by accessing the council's on-line Rights of Way mapping and clicking on the footpath or bridleway. A pop-up message will tell you the name of the path.  Click here to access Swansea council's footpath map.

If you come across a problem, you can use the form below to inform our London Office that something is wrong with a path.   London will then forward it to us to talk to the council and try to resolve the issue.   It's important to check that you are on a right of way and to give us the exact position where the problem has occurred.   On the Self Guided Walk Index page there is a handy grid reference calculator where you can hover the cursor over the problem and read off the grid reference.

You can either fill in the form on-line or print it off and post it to them.   The page below is displayed on the national Ramblers web site and uses the e-activist web site reporting form to gather the details of the path.  

Our use of Cookies    Back to top    Our Privacy Policy

Valid HTML 4.01 Transitional